Tagi uradnega Slovenskega foruma za elektronske cigarete: Elektronska cigareta, e-cigareta, elektronske cigarete, e-cigarete, forum, e-kajenje, e-tekočine, e-tekočina, diskusije, debata, uradni slovenski forum za elektronske cigarete.

Ali je Ti žica varna za uporabo za temp. control mode?

Ta forum je namenjen obveščanju uporabnikov elektronskih cigaret o varni uporabi tako opreme, kot e-tekočin

Ali je Ti žica varna za uporabo za temp. control mode?

OdgovorNapisal/-a KingKožuh » 19. Jun 2015 11:29

Ker se za temperaturno regulirane mode poleg Ni200 žice uporablja tudi Ti (Titan) žica, so se spet pojavili določeni pomisleki o varnosti le-te. Tako za zdravje, kot na splošno. Eden takih modov, ki lahko uporablja obe varjanti, tako Ni200 kot Ti, je novi Joyetechov ljubljenček - eVic VT.

Na spodnjem linku vendor opisuje nevarnosti Titanovega oksida za zdravje..

http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/titanium_wires_for_vaping

Tudi GrimmGreen se je nedavno dotaknil te teme, konkretno tega texta z linka zgoraj.. Spodaj pa sem kopiral odgovor enega od njegovih gledalcev, ki trdi, da vseeno ne dosegamo takih pogojev na teh modih, da bi bilo tako škodljivo. Toliko malo v razmislek.

pt1:
I would highly suggest you reconsider regarding titanium wire, +GrimmGreen. Please forgive me, but I'm about to go on a lengthy rant. I hope you can take the time to read it and reply :)

There's no more dangers to titanium wire than anything else. You mention some dangers, but unless you dry burn your coil like hell, until the metal starts to melt and it could self-ignite, you're not gonna move into that risky area. I mean, if anyone does that, then maybe they shouldn't be vaping. We can blow up our hands with our batteries, especially if we fall victim to false promises, like when we buy batteries that say they're 35A and you use them like that, when in reality it's a 20A on the inside (if we even can trust batteries like MXJO to have 20A cells. They're shameless re-wrappers claiming false specifications for their product. I for one can't trust a company like that), or perhaps even worse. I find much bigger ethical problems with selling batteries like that, than I find with selling titanium wire for vaping.

That's not to say the MXJOs and batteries like them are sucky. They obviously work perfectly fine and won't blow up, if used correctly. Fabulous! But I can say the exact same for titanium wire, and for good reasons. I've had very good experiences with it. First of all, I've never - even when dry burning and cleaning it - had any chemical burning effect. Neither do you reach the huge ramp up of oxidization that can happen at melting point, because I'm probably not even reaching half the temperature needed for those things when dry burning. We're talking some pretty high temperatures here. I've also ignited juice on it, and I just blow it away and it's okay. It won't self-ignite out of nowhere. Again, we're not talking those insane temperatures. We're not burning it with a torch flame. Why would you melt your coil?

Seriously, there's one thing to be careful and minimizing risk in the vape world, but there's a whole other thing to be paranoid and spreading fear. That's taking misinformation for granted and leaving people misinformed. I see it so often with batteries and everything, and it frustrates me. Now it seems to be a thing with the wires we use as well. Vapers like to be informed, but vapers also jump on fear mongering way too easily.

Consider this... There are huge benefits to titanium: More vapor and less heat, because it releases heat much easier than other materials. This means more intense vapor production, but also means it's much easier to keep cool, even at very low resistance. Less heat means less chance of formaldehyde creation when sub ohming, which means you're not subjecting yourself to any slight cancer risk. That means safer vaping.

Kanthal is definitely the worst material for "keeping the coil cool". It absorbs and retains the heat a lot more than titanium, and will burn off the cotton and the juice like crazy, even at higher ohms. Dry hit phenomenon is simply much easier with Kanthal. With a titanium coil, on the other hand, you'll hardly see charred cotton at all. You can keep it cool with less juice in the wick. That means safer vaping. Check it out and you'll see!

How do you feel about that, Grimmy? It seems obvious to me, that titanium, on a regulated device with a cut-off, is impossible to be any worse than kanthal. If anything, especially at lower ohms, it's safer, and it might even give you a superior vaping sensation. Shouldn't this matter? Shouldn't this be mentioned?

Btw: I love you and your videos, Grimmy, and I don't want to come off as ranting at you :) But you're the messenger, so I'm bringing up this debate with you. I would love to hear your thoughts.

pt2:
If you try to extinguish it with water, it will suck the oxygen out of the water and put the released hydrogen on fire, which creates a flare up. It's nasty. But I think we're exaggerating the ease of which titanium catches on fire here. I mean, we build wood burning stoves out of titanium and it's used in heating wires, which is where our wires come from. Not to mention the whole blow torching deal that Tim mentioned.

The wire likely has a fine layer of oxides on it by the time we wrap it, which means it won't catch on fire easily, and e-liquid coats the coil and keeps oxygen (((Edit: I guess there are oxygen atoms in PG or VG, but it's not given that titanium can steal the oxygen during combustion... in any way, the liquid keeps the coil cool and impossible for self-ignition))) and nitrogen ((((Edit: titanium can burn in a nitrogen atmosphere, which is why Class D extinguisher is needed))) away, both of which it needs at ignition. And again, we're talking such insane temperatures, with a coil that is easy to keep cool, that titanium burning is probably not your biggest problem.

I would like to add what the Stealthvape site says at the end of its article: They're not saying people shouldn't use titanium wire or that it's terrible. They're just saying that they won't sell it. They don't want to place themselves in a liable position. Understandable. But in that case they're also fear mongering, in my opinion.

Because the risks here are slim, and easily preventable, so it shouldn't lead people to be turned off by titanium completely. It's a great wire with some very beneficial properties. Used on a regulated device, I doubt you'll ever reach the temperatures at which it becomes volatile and catches on fire. We're talking around 2000 F here. It will only do so, if you make it do so.

It therefore makes complete sense to make use of titanium wires on, say, temperature regulated mods, for instance. It will render burning titanium in your tank impossible.
Slika
Uporabniški avatar
KingKožuh
Administratorji strani

Kraj: Kočevje

Re: Ali je Ti žica varna za uporabo za temp. control mode?

OdgovorNapisal/-a KingKožuh » 14. Sep 2015 14:40

Še nekaj skepse o Ni žici.. To je njegovo mnenje, vsak naj potegne svojega. Jaz ga še nimam..

https://youtu.be/G3ppVBXvWaM?t=562
Slika
Uporabniški avatar
KingKožuh
Administratorji strani

Kraj: Kočevje

Vrni se na !!UPARJAJ VARNO!!

Kdo je na strani

Po forumu brska: 0 registriranih uporabnikov in 1 gost